• Ok… I have no idea if this is actually how it happened (in which case I adore it) or if it’s just a stunt (in which case I think it’s genius) but this has to be the best music video I’ve ever seen:
• This drone swarm launched from F-16’s is terrifying. The sound at the 2 minute mark is the sound of AI Robot Death. This is all real. This is the future of warfare. Enjoy.
• Popcorn slowmo is soothing.
• A guy built a 100% original control console for his system at home, and it looks cool as hell. If he sold these, I’d buy them.
• I forgot about this golden gem of internet history: ZOGG
• Scalpers are having trouble moving Trump inauguration tickets.
• This weekend, TASBot — a bot for assisting speed runs in video games — got Super Mario 64, Portal, and Skype running on an SNES. A robot programming robots. I love it.
• This commercial for GRAVITY RUSH is one of the funnest and most original I’ve seen in a long time.
• Today’s hits reimagined as if they came out in the 80’s — I’m not usually a fan of “reimagining” crap, but these actually don’t suck.
• Brilliant writer and one of my favorite tech journalists, Sarah Jeong, cataloged all the ways the Reddit AMA with Julian Assange went off the rails.
• I adore Poorly Drawn Lines, and this one just hit the right note with me:
• Cats are assholes:
• This is pretty succinct:
• As my friend Shawn said, “when you absolutely MUST climb that wall with your jeep”:
• And finally, a soccer player who is as sick of diving as most of the audience:
Things i found